Re: Re: Arch-dependent files in /usr/share

Russ Allbery:
I think it's worth considering  whether we should just dump the
> Lintian checks for arch-independent files in /usr/lib, and make a
> corresponding change to Policy that says that packages are free to
> put arch-independent files there.

It would as a side-effect make you better aligned with the systemd Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. (-:

* http://freedesktop.org./software/systemd/man/file-hierarchy.html

"Static, private vendor data that is compatible with all architectures (though not necessarily architecture-independent)."