Re: Doxygen and embedded jquery problem, how to solve?

>IMO the proper solution is for Debian packaging of doxygen to untangle
>jQuery from extensions, depend on + symlink the jQuery part, provide the
>extensions as a shared package, and patch doxygen code to generate
>docuementation referencing each separately instead of the entangled one.

>...but seems from that README that maintainers of doxygen have already
>reflected on this and disagrees.

>I suggest (but won't drive it myself) to file a bug against doxygen to
>kindly reconsider...

>...and until eventually maybe progress on that front, either a) try
>untangle the jquery+extensions code yourself for each and every single
>package using doxygen, or b) embrace same attitude as doxygen
>maintainers and add lintian suppressions referencing doxygen README as
>comment.

Adding a lintian suppression for a file without source code?

Seems so bad in my opinion... Lintian has maybe to be fixed, not suppressed...

>I suspect there's nothing new in what I write here - that you've already
>come to same conclusion yourself before posting do devel - sorry that I
>have no better input. :-/

You gave me your (DD) point of view, and it is really appreciated, since
I'll be able to link this thread to have some evidences about the doxygen problem.

So thanks!

Cheers,

G.