Re: GPL-3 & openssl: provide a -nossl variant for a library

On 23 October 2014 04:03, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
It's usually more immediately useful to just
upload the package with an explanation of the issues in debian/copyright
and see what the ftp-master team says.

This is probably getting off-track, however I have a package that has been stuck in NEW for over a month because ftp-master won't give feedback on what they see as a legal issue with my package. I disagreed with their verdict, gave good reasons, indicated that another package already in Debian would have the same issues, and got no response.

My point being you can't always rely on ftp-master either.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>