Re: apt-get install sysvinit-core removes gnome?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 12:47:41PM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >but it seems there is some dependency in jessie which makes gnome
> >unavailable
> >without systemd.
>
> It is there because upstream requires it. There is no GNOME without systemd. This is not specific to Debian.

*örgs* Because i - aehm - cant set an icon for my system via hostnamed or
something?

I still wait to wake up to let this bad dream of systemd go past me. This
can only be a bad dream ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de