Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
I really don't buy the argument that "the GR proposal was too quiet to
be noticed by 6+ people". I mean: the proposition happened to be in the
middle of the post-TC decision wave, on the mailing lists where it
belonged. The people who cared about the whole "default init for Debian"
question _were_ following and contributing to these various lists. I'm
therefore claiming that the people who missed the GR proposal were not
sufficiently interested (otherwise they would've been subscribed to
either -vote or -project, where these proposals belong). I'm also
thankful that the proposer limited his proposal to these lists (I'd have
considered a spread of the call over -devel, -user or other lists an
abuse).

Actually - I'd contest that, for four reasons:

- as I've previously noted - the major impacts of systemd are being (going to be) felt by sysadmins and upstream developers - who don't necessarily follow debian-devel all that closely -- or have input

- the actual GR call for vote was buried on debian-vote - immediately jumped on regarding wording and procedural discussions

- actual discussion of the GR on -devel was completely swamped by all the other discussion of systemd

- folks have just now pointed to the -project list --- this is the first I've ever heard of that list - and I note that it is not even listed on https://lists.debian.org/users.html or https://lists.debian.org/devel.html -- only on the full list of lists, where it's buried without a description of what it's for

Miles Fidelman