Re: bash exorcism experiment ('bug' 762923 & 763012)

Hi,

Marco d'Itri:
> On Oct 11, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
> > but if a user
> > wants to use /bin/posh, that's an individual user's choice :-)
> We have no obligation to support every bad idea that people have.

Policy effectively states that Debian packages shall not depend on any
features which posh doesn't have.
So in what way is that a bad idea, and how should one know beforehand?

This is about redirecting /bin/sh to another supposedly-compatible shell,
not /bin/false.

… though I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the day when that
would work, simply because there's no longer a shell involved in booting my
system.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs