Re: TLP package vs. pm-utils

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 20:18:47 +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:

> i'm the author of the TLP power management tool [1].

I'm a happy user of TLP - thanks for writing it.

> Older TLP packages – available via my PPA, not in Debian – depend on
> pm-utils (pm-suspend) for being called upon suspend/resume events. The
> necessity to depend on (and coexist with) pm-utils is imho gone with
> Debian's move to systemd.

Well ... systemd is the default init system (soon) but not the only
one.

> My conclusion would be to add
> > conflicts: pm-utils
> to my package – associated with the additional advantage that there is
> no need to mask pm-utils' power.d/hooks via postinst/postrm anymore [4].

That would make me sad, as I'm using both.
Maybe this changes after I switch to systemd but right now I need
both.

Is there a real reason for the Conflicts, even for cases where
systemd is installed? Coblficts means "can't be installed together,
usually due to file conflicts", which doesn't seem to be the case
here.

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   BOFH excuse #186:  permission denied