Re: Contact copyright holder / ask for free software license

Contacting copyright holder and asking them to release under
GPL or such is not a bad idea.
even if they say no they might consider it in the future.

They will know there is a real use for it.

Else people just buy free-software complying hardware, or better
alternative software that is fully free software.

Doing nonfree is getting a worse and worse business these days.

Many people have begun to use Ubuntu i.e., so the more market share that is taken from
MS/apple etc. the more the need for releasing free software becomes

Not sure if ubuntu accepts non-free though in their non-free
repository (isn't that a bit too easy to use?)...

They should make it harder to enable that..
Non-free can be enabled from the GUI it seems..

The problem is non-free sets the whole free software development back quite a bit..