Re: Inert DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS noopt in debian/rules files

* Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org>, 2014-10-06, 01:33:
I realized that any debian/rules file that calls dpkg-buildflags through make's $(shell) function will not honor at least noopt from DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, which affects the build flags returned by dpkg-buildflags.

Why?

any package handling the flags inline will probably be affected, as I don't expect that case to be currently handled.

I've just checked a random package of mine[0], and it honours noopt just fine.

[0] https://sources.debian.net/src/rc/1.7.1-5/debian/rules/?hl=11:13#L11

--
Jakub Wilk