Re: bash without importing shell functions from the environment

Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org> writes:
> Am 25.09.2014 um 17:29 schrieb Ian Jackson:
>> (It took me merely a few moments with the source code to prepare the
>> code patch.  But then I had to spend an hour or two wrestling with the
>> patch systems of the packages in squeeze and wheezy.  I would like to
>> take this opportunity to say how much I appreciate the work of the
>> security team, who have to cope on a daily basis with [CoC violation]
>> such as that found in the squeeze and wheezy bash Debian `source'
>> packages.)
>>
>> Ian.
>
> so maybe as a non-native speaker I am unaware of some joke here, or are you just
> trolling about something fixed for jessie/unstable?

I think the latter. I was actually curious as well and checked. The
wheezy version has custom debian/patches handling where e.g.
debian/patches/series is processed by the C preprocessor. I think that
qualifies at least as exotic :-).

Best,
Nikolaus