Re: bash without importing shell functions from the environment

Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> Thank you very much for doing this. I would love to see Debian transition to
> having this facility disabled by default at some point in the future.

Florian Weimer's patch doesn't go that far, instead environment
variables have to have special BASH_FUNC_FOO() names before bash will
process them as function imports.

Same result though; as of bash 4.2+dfsg-0.1+deb7u3 we don't have to
worry about the shell script parser being run on every env var. So,
the problem is fully solved AFAIK, and in a way that bypasses nearly all
potential breakage.

--
see shy jo