Re: new cowbuilder tool: make local package cache available

On Wednesday 24 September 2014 06:24 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
I’ve just written a hookscript for pbuilder which makes the
locally cached files available during a package build. Just
chmod +x it, drop it into the --hookdir, and you’re set¹².

Usage scenario here is mostly debian-ports: when building
packages that depend on each other, you no longer have to
wait until the first package is Installed until you can
build the second package³. It also makes older packages,
e.g. arch:all ones, available so that you can, with some
APT pinning⁴, build packages against others that have
temporarily become uninstallable in unstable, e.g. to
break build dependency cycles.

Hi Thorsten:

I think I did the same with some settings in pbuilder.

## IF you do not bind mount, precious tmpfs space is wasted, and you will very soon
## run out of it when building a big package like Bespin/IceDove/KDE
#APTCACHE="/var/cache/apt/archives/" ### We set this to off because we are already bind-mounting it. ## Aslo settings cachelink to no becasue we are bind mounting it, thus no need to create a link
APTCACHE=""
BINDMOUNTS="/var/cache/apt/archives/"
APTCACHEHARDLINK=no

AUTOCLEANAPTCACHE=no
EXTRAPACKAGES="eatmydata apt-utils debdelta"

## Use these when you have a package build-dep that is not yet pushed into archive.
## For details, see: http://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks
#OTHERMIRROR="deb file:///var/tmp/Debian-Build/pbuilder-deps ./"
#BINDMOUNTS="$BINDMOUNTS /var/tmp/Debian-Build/pbuilder-deps"
# Comment HOOKDIR when you are at home with very slow internet connection because
# it runs apt-get update on each pbuilder build invocation
#HOOKDIR="/home/rrs/.pbuilder/hooks"
#ALLOWUNTRUSTED=yes