Re: versions / suffixes in experimental

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:15:46 +0200
Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

> If I upload 2.2.5-8 to unstable, should it include the changelog
> entries for experimental too or that doesn't matter either way?

Depends if 2.2.5-8 includes all the changes made in experimental or
whether experimental was just for an experiment which itself led to a
dead-end. If the changes are included, the changes need to be described
in the changelog.

Every change made to a package goes into the changelog.
Changes not included in the package don't go into the changelog.

/me not sure why this needs to be said.

--

Neil Williams