Re: rc bugs

Brian May writes ("rc bugs"):
> Lets say there is a bug in a package X, however package X is still usable
> by itself.
>
> However package Y depends on package X, and as a result of this bug it was
> an RC bug.
>
> Is the bug against package X also RC?

The question you are really asking, surely, is how you should go about
fixing this and specifically what the criteria for NMU are.

I would make sure you communicate clearly with the maintainer for X,
but the starting point is surely that it has a bug that makes Y
unreleasable is ample justification for a prompt NMU.

Or to put it another way: the assignment of bugs to packages is a
convenience for managing our workflow, not an exact science.  What we
actually have here is a bug in the distribution, which ought to be
fixed.

If you want an answer within the conceptual framework in which you
posed the question: Under the circumstances I would treat the bug in X
as RC.

Ian.