Re: upgrades must not change the installed init system [was: Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing]

On Wednesday, 10 de September de 2014 21:26:50 Matthias Urlichs escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Steve Langasek:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 08:28:36PM +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> > > What about cases when init scripts doesn't come from any package but
> > > are crafted by hand?
> >
> > It's straightforward to check for init scripts that are not owned by any
> > packages.
>
> … and besides, systemd should just work with them.
> If they descend from /etc/init.d/skeleton, that is.
>
> Not having the requisite metadata at the top of the script might me a more
> reliable indicator than not belonging to a package.

I would bet that most hand made init scripts do not descend from
/e/i/skeleton, and they have runlevels and such crafted also by hand on the
specific system where they are deployed.

Regards

Noel
er Envite