Re: Can a leaf package require SSE2 on i386?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 2:47 AM, Sébastien Villemot  wrote:
> The bottom line is that julia needs SSE2 (and porting it to the x87 FPU
> requires changes that are beyond what I am willing/able to do, see [1]
> for more details). And the presence of SSE2 is not guaranteed on the
> i386 architecture.

chromium upstream decided to go SSE2-only, but I've reverted that in
the Debian packages for now.  I would prefer to not diverge, and would
do so if there were a convenient way to detect and prompt users about
the problem (rather than segfault).

Best wishes,
Mike