Re: Allow encfs into jessie?

On 13 September 2014 02:58, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
is ecryptfs.  (LUKS and dm_crypt solve different problems.)  Compared to

Do you trust ecryptfs?

https://defuse.ca/audits/ecryptfs.htm says "eCryptfs appears to have a better crypto design than EncFS [4], but there are some red flags indicating that it was not designed by a cryptographer, and has not received enough security review. It should be safe to use, but more auditing would be a good idea."

I can't see any security audit for dm_crypt. I see google results that suggest LUKS has been audited, but not the report.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>