Re: PackageKit cleanup: Do you use these functions?

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> Well, online updates do break software from time to time on my system.

I’ve had to do unattended updates of our old Kubuntu desktop at work
at shutdown time as well, due to breakage involved in upgrading them
while being in use (especially the desktop software, most noteworthy
Mozilla ware).

Sometimes, rebooting (or, at least, logging out then in again) after
upgrades that touch “desktop” components is better.

Funnily enough, this isn’t so much true for server systems, where we
just restart the dæmons affected, and occasionally want a new kernel
if even that.

bye,
//mirabilos
--