Re: PackageKit cleanup: Do you use these functions?

In data giovedì 11 settembre 2014 15:40:31, Ansgar Burchardt ha scritto:
> Well, online updates do break software from time to time on my system.
> For system services they usually work fine as they can be restarted by
> the upgrade process, however user applications break...
But I normally don't restart for weeks. That would make a reboot an extremely
long process.

Perhaps we should just change dpkg to have a flag that prevents upgrade if the
process is running, and that shows some warning that tells to restart software
X to avoid problems.

I suppose package maintainers should be aware if their package can be upgraded
while running or not.

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/