Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there? (reloaded)

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:

> Agreed. It is very useful to have a working sshd on a new system
> without having to use the console again to install it.

This sounds like an acceptable default for a server installation, but
for desktops maybe not so much. Is it possible to keep the d-i menu
clean and intuitive while wrapping options for both server and desktop
tasks into a single interface? I'm trying to sketch out some designs
where the desktop or server selection is abstracted one menu layer up
as to keep tasks presented to the user relative to their desired
installation target (desktop/server).