Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there?

Hi,

>> Having separate tasks for mail and NFS servers, would IMHO be a good
>> step in the right direction.
>
> Yes. Though the design idea behind tasksel is to have generic "theme"
> and not technical words which a user wont understand. (note: it's not
> that I agree (or not) with this design choice, this is just a fact that
> I am mentioning here...)

As you pointed out by quoting the packages, these are already separate
tasks in current jessie, which I think is right. What remains unchanged
is "standard system tools", which I now understand is special. I assume
making NFS and MTAs non-"standard" is getting political, so I don't want
to open that can of worms ;-)

>> "SSH Server" is the only task I consider actually useful.
>
> Don't you also find that "print-server" is also useful?

I don't run any machine as a dedicated print server ;-) and my desktop
machines got cups through some other dependency, it seems. I agree it
can be useful. As mentioned elsewhere, this is "just" because cups and
openssh are the only widely used options here.

Kind regards
Ralf