Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing

Hey.

On Sat, 2014-09-06 at 14:08 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Steve, as long as bugs like [1] are not fixed in systemd-shim, I'm not
> going to make it the first alternative. Installing a half-broken logind
> whould be a disservice to our users.
Kinda strange to use *that* as an argument, while you guys to basically
the very same with NetworkManager for a long time now.

It's more any more forced upon users while at the same time, it's
basically broken for most but a very little subset of lowest-end-user
scenarios.
At the same time, both upstream and the maintainers, state that they do
not intend to make NM working/integrate with the native network managing
tools, or other such toolsets.

So apart from the fact that I'm mostly in favour of systemd, it's kinda
strange to read the argument we should not "install a half-broken [...]
whould be a disservice to our users."

o.O

Chris.