Re: Jessie without systemd as PID 1?

On Wednesday, 3 de September de 2014 16:21:31 Svante Signell escribió:
[...]
> should be allowed, and I'm trying to find out how many of debian users
> and developers are interested in working together with me on such a
> solution. Best would be to have an option in the installer (hidden by
[...]

I volunteer to test this, not for contributing (I am not a programmer), for a
very simple reason: I do not want my long-running servers (and those of my
clients) to be rebooted for something that should be so simple as upgrading a
service or applying some non-kernel security patch.

I may have (I agree I have) some conservative thinking. I've been well against
network-manager messing my interfaces and I'm against systemd as well, but I
really think the Unix way, when properly implemented, is the way to go. And if
it does not work, make it work instead of building a dinosaur and force
dependencies into it (and yes, I'm pointing at you, Gnome Debian packagers,
both for network-manager and systemd).

In resume: count on me to test and check and report bugs and triage.

Noel
er Envite