Re: Possible abuse of dpkg-deb -z9 for xz compressed binary packages

Quoting Holger Levsen (holger@layer-acht.org):
> On Dienstag, 2. September 2014, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > They're all arch: all though, right, so in practice no buildds are actually
> > building these packages?
>
> yet.
>
> :-)

At the time, we (font team) decided to go with z9, the fact that
packages were arch:all (and therefore that the memory cost of
compression had only an impact on the machine of the developer who
builds packages), was a strong argument to go with z9.

Of course, if we go to source only uploads for arch:all, we'll
reconsider this and eventually revert to default settings.

(still, this memory impact has never been one on the good old Dell
Poweredge 2650 that sits in my garage and builds most of the font
packages I upload..... Of course, it is not a buildd that builds
hundreds of packages a day)