Raising priority of Debian packages

Hi,

thanks to manual actions from Ansgar Burchardt, the process to raise
priority of Debian packages, after dependencies to packages of lower
priority have been added to high priority packages, is now a bit more
transparent

 https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=ftp.debian.org;dist=unstable#_0_1_4

Here we can see for example that amongst other packages, perl and
perl-modules are queued to be changed from standard to priority
important.

Still, that's not ideal.  IMHO maintainers of high (<= important)
priority packages should (1) think twice before adding new dependencies
to lower priority packages, and (2) file a corresponding bug against
ftp.debian.org when doing so to make it transparent[0].

Interesting parties then can track the list of override requests in the
BTS and comment when disired or necessary.  It might be that I'm the
only one interested in having a consistent and small, if not minimal,
set of packages in the higher priorities, but maybe there're others.

[0] Actually policy 2.5 requires to additionally file a RC bug to the
high priority package with the added dependency to prevent it from being
migrated to testing until the override decision has been made.

Regards, Gerrit.