RE:daemon user naming scheme

> Fake it.

> UID=$(id -u tango)
> GID=$(id -g tango)
> deluser tango

> adduser tango --uid $UID --gid $GID

I like this fake rename because it cause no troubles to the files already owned by the tango user
BÙT
in case of an idempotent pre/post scripts.
what happend if I delete the tango users before creating the new _tango user.

If something goes wrong between this deluser and adduse, I am stuck...

another important point in my case is that I need to do some mysql operation to grant right for the new user...

Frederic

Is it possible to use this thread to define the default snipsets to put in the debhelper scripts to do this rename.