Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

On 2014-08-16, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> I believe that most of the current workflows do respect this rule (except
> for the case where you only store the debian directory).

I do think that this is quite common, and my preferred way of doing
things. It is easy for newcomers to handle, easy for me to handle, no
need to learn a lot of git specific tools or helpers, you can mostly
ignore git if you want to.

I've a couple of times tried to get myself to actually learn various of
these newfangled tools like git-buildpackaeg and such, and each time I
end up feeling they get much more in my way that they actually help me.

So, if I can, I try my bestest to stick with a debian-only git
repository for the debian packaging. It just works. and is simple.

/Sune