Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 10:18:29AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [..snip..]
> > We do this for Kali Linux too but there are always cases where some
> > contributors forget about the suffix (in particular when we package stuff
> > not yet in Debian, or new upstream releases of packages that lag behind in
> > Debian).
>
> In order to avoid this with gbp it's simple to ship
> /etc/git-buildpacakge/gbp.conf
>
> [DEFAULT]
> debian-tag = kali/%(version)s
>
> in kali linux's git-buildpackage.

Thanks for the tip but I don't want to have to fork Debian development
packages. However it would be nice if we could ship a configuration
snippet in /etc/git-buildpackage/gbp.conf.d/kali.conf (in a kali-dev
package for example).

BTW it's unrelated to the quoted sentence since I was speaking of the
"kali" suffix that we add in package versions ("1.0-0kali1").

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/