Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Silly or not in your opinion, the Qt-KDE team repositories are set up this way.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that and didn't want to imply anything on people
using such a scheme.

Still it would be interesting to know why the team made this choice and
what tools they are using to make this work. Anyone has pointers or can
explain us the choices made?

> Additionally, other tools, like git-dpm, have their own requirements for
> branch naming. That's the one tool that got me using git for packaging,
> so it would be nice if it kept working. Please send patches so it works
> with the new scheme as well as conversion scripts for existing
> repositories.

That's certainly something that ought to happen once we have some
agreement on the desired layout.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/