Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On 08/08/2014 11:14 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
On jeu., 2014-08-07 at 23:57 +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
Hi Debian,
About the decision itself, as Debian Xfce main maintainer, I honestly
don't really care. I don't think the default desktop matters that much
on Debian (while I guess it means a lot for Ubuntu, for example). I
actually think having no default desktop would be just fine, instead
having the current 3-4 desktop installation media. Then anyone can pick
the DE she likes.

I also think that Debian doesn't need a default desktop. For the CD and DVDs it doesn't matter because the user can choose the iso which he want (just CD1 should be renamed similar to KDE, Xfce, LXDE CD isos and maybe a Mate iso would be great). It only matters for the netisos but the option to choose a desktop is already in the installer just hidden in advanced options. If it is placed clearly visible (in the first screen) then nobody will need a default desktop anymore.

Greetings
Johannes (debian user)