Re: apache2 issues

On 29 July 2014 19:04, Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.ch> wrote:
As far as I can see this is a bug in the apache2 packaging. The httpd
virtual package should be provided by the apache2 package, not the
apache2-bin package, because the apache2-bin package doesn't provide a
working webserver. Bug report I just filed about this:

[...]

A policy bug about what httpd-wsgi should provide is still open however:

It isn't very easy to specify what httpd-wsgi should mean, because
some WSGI servers are full webservers with WSGI support such as apache
and others like gunicorn are only supposed to run behind a proxying
server such as apache or nginx (similar to for example php-fpm).

Thanks for the BTS references. Looks like I should keep using "libapache2-mod-wsgi, apache2" for now, but be prepared to change this depending on what happens with #756361.

So as far as I can see, the correct dependency should be:

Depends: libapache2-mod-wsgi | httpd-wsgi, apache2 | httpd

So it also possible to run other webservers.

Yes, that looks good to me. Suspect the actual line may depend on what happens with #588497.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>