Re: apache2 issues

On 29 Jul 2014 16:44, "Wouter Verhelst" <w@uter.be> wrote:
> No, I don't.
>
> What brian really wants is apache2 or apache2-bin. In the case of
> apache2-bin, he needs an additional dependency on libapache2-mod-wsgi.
>
> Really, it should be
>
> apache2 | libapache2-mod-wsgi, apache2 | apache2-bin
>
> to do so.

Not sure I see how this is any better than just:

libapache2-mod-wsgi, apache2

(Which is what lintian warned me against using)

Installing libapache2-mod-wsgi and apache2-bin without apache2 is insufficient, for Apache support to work, I need /usr/share/apache2/apache2-maintscript-helper which requires apache2 to be installed. So we can replace that 2nd term with just apache2.

Similarly, installing apache2 without libapache2-mod-wsgi would meet your depends but not really be satisfactory.

Either way, it sounds like I should be ignoring Lintian.