Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 06:56:06PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Martin Steigerwald

> > Sure I can go through setting up chroot for that, yet I really think if my
> > work requires changes in other packages and the recent systemd changes do
> > require this kind of work, I *help* with these changes, instead of uploading
> > my changes to unstable *before* the other packages have been fixed.

> How long are do you think is reasonable to wait then?

For the specific case of a change that makes basic desktop functions
unusable between upgrade and reboot (including the "reboot" button itself),
the right answer is "until it's ready, and if you want it sooner then help."

systemd-shim 6-4 has now been uploaded to unstable with a dependency on
cgmanager, implementing the new post-v205 interfaces.  libpam-systemd now
needs to be updated to depend again on systemd-shim (>= 6-4) | systemd-sysv.

Michael Biebl has said on IRC that he will take care of this in the next
upload of systemd.