Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

On 2014-07-23 01:24:53 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2014-07-22 22:54:55 +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > I just tried updating testing on my system.  I currently use
> > sysvinit-core (reasons below), but aptitude is telling me that I
> > should remove this in favour of systemd-sysv.  Hmm, why is that?
> > Well, because the new version of libpam-systemd, 208-6, now depends on
> > systemd-sysv rather than systemd-sysv | systemd-shim.
>
> As you can see with this dependency, you just need to install
> systemd-shim. No need to install systemd-sysv!
>
> The default (systemd-sysv) was just a poor choice from aptitude.

Sorry, I mixed up with another problem that occurred with previous
versions. I have no problems on my Debian/unstable machines
(libpam-systemd still depends on systemd-sysv | systemd-shim),
but I've just realized that the reason is that I temporarily
blocked systemd upgrades for another reason. This is probably
the best thing to do because seeing how things evolve.