Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

On Jul 22, Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> wrote:

> So I would presume that for many or most Debian systems, systemd is
> now required, and no other /sbin/init providers will work.  I'm
> unclear whether this was a deliberate policy decision or an unintended
> consequence of various package requirements.
It is a consequence of systemd-shim not being ready at the time systemd
was last updated in unstable. I understand that now it is, but it still
waiting for NEW processing of one of its dependencies.
If you care so much then maybe you could help the maintainers.

--
ciao,
Marco