Re: How Debian should handle users requests?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 08:36:09AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> That would be change in meaning of the pseudo-package, it isn't
> supposed to be for user support. Personally I don't think that we need
> the general/base/cdrom/project pseudo-packages any more. At minimum we
> should update reportbug to discourage their use.

Or a pseudo-package which *is* meant for user support, to which bugs are
re-assigned, and for which debian-user is the "maintainer". Making d-u (more)
useful as well as solving this issue sounds quite attractive to me. (Not sure
how things would actually get closed, mind you.)