I have to write a software center application

Hello everyone

I have to write a software center application(graphical) for Debian based distrubution Pardus GNU/Linux. This is my college project. But I need help. Is there anyone that can help me please?
I don't know what I have to use for writing this kind of applications. I think i have to use for back-end(APT package system) PackageKIT, but I'm not sure. I will write GUI with Qt or Webkit, it is doesn't matter.

This project is vital for me and when finished this project will be released under the GPL license. I writing this project with Python language. Help me please ?