Re: NMUing generally

On 07/17/2014 05:47 AM, Wookey wrote:
> Mostly. I've done a pile recently (40+) (largely autoconf-update bugs)
> and only had one instance of outright hostility

It is my experience as well that, almost everyone is nice and accept
NMU, but there's always a few instances of moronic reactions. I try keep
in mind that other uploads out-weight them, but the toll on the moral of
such very strong reaction is often high.

On 07/17/2014 05:47 AM, Wookey wrote:
> I still feel like I need to make excuses for not filing a bug,
> waiting a couple of weeks and _then_ doing an NMU, which of course is
> a great way of adding a pile of fairly pointless delay.

I also often feel like there's useless loss of time. Not sure how to fix
this. :(

On 07/17/2014 02:51 PM, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Maybe we should drop the current source package concept
> completely and provide the package sources in git repositories
> instead. This would allow everybody to work on a common
> codebase, push code into the BTS, etc. It would even
> be possible to push code to upstream or to the Ubuntu
> folks.

I would find it super nice if we made a collective decision to have such
packaging git workflow standards. This, together with a patch review
system like Gerrit would be a game changer. Though I've seen a lot of
resistance to even git ...

Thomas