Re: libjpeg-turbo transition

On 2014-07-09 18:51, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> short notice from my side... (defacto / so far libjpeg-turbo package
> maintainer)...
>
> I can start working on the libjpeg-turbo transition at the beginning of
> August. First step is, I guess, providing libjpeg-turbo with libjpeg
> compat mode enabled.
>
> [...]
>
> If people think that starting with the transition in August is too late
> for Jessie, I will be happy about people joining in and starting any
> part of the required work earlier. Thanks!
>
> light+love,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your efforts.

If you plan on doing this transition for Jessie, please do keep the "5th
of September" deadline in mind[1].  Please also consider filing a
transition bug to help us (the release team) get an overview of the
affected packages at your earliest convenience.

Thank you in advance,
~Niels

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/07/msg00002.html

See the section named "Freeze reminder <FREEZE>".