"thanks" messages on mailing lists/bug reports

Greetings everyone,

I recently started contributing to debian.
Before that, most of my writing with people I don't know personally
through the internet was on Stack Exchange.
On Stack Exchange, messages that only consist of thanking people or
agreement are not considered helpful.
This in mind I'm very unsure if I should write messages like that to
someone or if I should avoid them (to not annoy anyone with them), on
Debian mailing lists or bug reports.

What is your experience with that?
How do you feel if you read such messages?
Maybe more important: How do you feel if you don't get such messages?

Regards (and in the hope of not annoying anyone)
Sven