Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

Sune Vuorela wrote:

>The way is to put your time/money where your mouth is and provide the
>code. Asking others to do all the work is not the way forward in OSS.

I highly doubt you can call _me_ someone who does not do work in OSS.
You know, methods to clone a human being, time turners, etc. have not
been invented yet. I'd like to think I'm doing enough considering that
I also have a dayjob.

That being said: people have different experiences in different areas.
So, yes, it's a give-and-take, and I can fully well expect other people
to do my work (in areas I have less experience in) just as I do other
peoples' work in areas I'm good in.

Some OSS "advocates" say "it's OSS, just do it yourself". This is a
harmful attitude and has turned away people often enough. Luckily,
these are getting less and less. Do not become one of them, please.
I do appreciate your work in Debian.

bye,
//mirabilos