Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian
- From: Josselin Mouette <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:28:52 +0200
- Message-id: <1403778532.14436.194.camel@dsp0698014>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <1403773037.14436.190.camel@dsp0698014> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Le jeudi 26 juin 2014 à 09:34 +0000, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> >No, it didn't work. You had to be root for operations as simple as
> >shutting down the computer.
> Only on Debian. OpenBSD and MirBSD have:
> -r-sr-x--- 1 root operator 122716 Sep 10 2013 /sbin/shutdown*
> I never understood why Debian doesn't.
You are entitled to the opinion that setuid is a good security design.
Thankfully, most of the Linux community disagrees with you.
.''`. Josselin Mouette
: :' :