Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org> writes:

> For the record, I would be happy with a supported setup without systemd
> that relied on using startx, and putting people into the "desktop" unix
> groups manually.

I don't think startx and fvwm are going anywhere, so, um, enjoy?  :)  fvwm
doesn't depend on anything systemd-related.

If you mean that you want this *with GNOME*, well, you're going to have to
talk to GNOME upstream, or MATE upstream, or start or join a development
group to maintain the necessary pieces.  Alas, they're not going to
magically appear because you've indicated that you would be happy with
them.