Re: llvm-defaults vs update alternatives

On 22/06/2014 11:47, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> update-alternatives gives the user a choice,

My remark is not directly related to this problem (perhaps, in fact)
but update-alternatives does *not* give the user a choice.
It give the *admin* a choice.
You must be root to run update-alternatives and the choice affects
all users of a system. If you are in a multiuser environment (or
want to support such one), update-alternatives is not a solution.

I would be very pleased if update-alternatives can work for users,
at least for most packages. But it is another discussion.

  A+
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA