Re: Unicode 7.0 released - some packages contain outdated embedded data copies

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> I'd have to study it a little more, but I'm not sure this actually makes
> sense for a package like ICU whose sole purpose in life is handling
> Unicode.

Could you explain in more detail, I'm not following your thought process here?

How does ICU make use of the data that it has embedded?

Why wouldn't it make sense for a Unicode related library to
automatically have support for the latest version of Unicode?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise