Re: Unicode 7.0 released - some packages contain outdated embedded data copies

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 02:54:43PM +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > Unicode 7.0 was recently released. I discovered some source packages
> > contain outdated copies of various Unicode data files. At minimum, the
>
> I know that xterm’s wcwidth.c direly needs updating, and that mgk
> doesn’t do that. I do have a drop-in replacement available (which
> is what I use in mksh (16-bit only) and jupp (full 21-bit Unicode).
> If the xterm maintainer is interested, or even upstream (Tom), I’d
> be willing to provide patches.

It would be better to use the copy provided by glibc.  Of course, this one
needs to be updated for Unicode 7.0 as well.

Embedded copies of wcwidth.c are something that can be checked for
automatically, but unlike your average embedded library it's often #ifdefed
out when an autoconf check shows the existence of wcwidth() in the system
libc.

--
Gnome 3, Windows 8, Slashdot Beta, now Firefox Ribbon^WAustralis.  WTF is going
on with replacing usable interfaces with tabletized ones?