Re: Bits from the Debian GNU/Hurd porters

Hey  Michael,

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:

> This is an update to the last Debian GNU/Hurd bits from February
> 2012[0]

> [...]

Thank you very much for this comprehensive wrap up. I am excited to see
these advancements around GNU/Hurd, so excited that I am seriously
planning to install it on my primary (at the same time old enough)
laptop.

> In late April, the hurd-i386 port has achieved the 80% mark of packages
> built for the first time[2], an improvement of 10% since the last bits
> in 2012. This is on the one hand due to improvements and better
> compatibility in glibc, and on the other hand due to the work of many
> porters, notably Svante Signell, Pino Toscano, Gabriele Giacone and
> others.
> [...]

I see familiar names here. Good job!

Cheers,