Re: preparing for GCC 4.9 (bug squashing on May 16/17)

+++ Matthias Klose [2014-05-13 14:56 +0200]:
> With gcc-4.9 now available in testing, it is time to prepare for the change of
> the default to 4.9, for a subset of architectures or for all (release)
> architectures.  The defaults for the gdc, gccgo, gcj and gnat frontends already
> point to 4.9 and are used on all architectures.  Issue #746805 tracks the
> gfortran default change, including the change of the Fortran 90 module version.
>
> I'll work on fixing the build failures in [3], help is of course appreciated.
> Trying to be online on May 16/17 on IRC #debian-toolchain (OFTC) and uploading
> packages to the delayed queue.

>From the arm64 POV this is fine. I have found a few packages where
gcc-4.8 causes ICEs and gcc-4.9 fixes them. I don't have the resource
right now to do a full rebuild (as only ~half the archive is built once
so far) but in general I expect 4.9 to give less trouble than 4.8
except for things that are broken for all arches.

Did you try an arm64 rebuild with 4.9 in Ubuntu?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/