Re: systemd-fsck?

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 04:31:28PM +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>
> > My opinion is that many users are migrating away from Debian because we
> > are unable to make decisions on important technical topics and leave
> > them with 3 different setups, none of which actually work, instead of
> > providing one that is correctly polished.
>
> That’s precisely the GNOME 3 attitude (“no themes allowed in GTK+3”,
> “our way or the highway”). I’m not surprised it’s also systemd’s, and
> yours.

GTK+3 supports themes

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.12/gtk-migrating-GtkStyleContext.html

and they can even be configured graphically via gnome-tweak-tool.

> And I say you’re wrong. This does not belong into Debian itself. This
> is a perfectly fine job for a derivate or Pure Blend: to provide a
> polished system that serves one use case well.

Proper integration certainly belongs into Debian or did we become a
supermarket:

http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/the_supermarket_thing/

Cheers,
 -- Guido