Re: Avoiding systemd

The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Not for all eternity, but probably for as long as any significant number
> of people who are in a position to observe and participate in (or at
> least jump into) such a discussion have those concerns, yes.

Meanwhile, many of the nice, polite, calm, and constructive systemd folks
that you really want to have conversations with are completely burned out
by the non-stop sniping (for *months* now) by people like Kevin Chadwick,
who dominate every thread on the topic, and by and large have given up on
reading or responding to debian-devel threads.  So the people who are
interested in going another round on the fight, on both sides, are
dominating the discussion.

How do you think we should break out of this cycle?

The impression that one gets (which admittedly is coming from a position
of exhaustion with the whole thing) is that you think all systemd
advocates should behave like saints regardless of provocation, and are
holding that up as the only behavior that will convince you that the
systemd community aren't all assholes.  I don't think that's the
impression you want to send, but somehow building a different impression
is probably key to breaking this cycle.